Why do you listen to music?

Labels: ,

For me, it all starts and ends with the lyrics. When I played basketball in high school, I listened to rap and hip hop.. then I woke up one morning and realized I was a kid from rural Utah and couldn't relate to 99% of the lyrics. So I stopped listening to it. 

Now, most of my music consists of Christian or country. On Music Monday's, I am going to try and pick songs that are upbeat and have great lyrics. This week's selection: 

Matthew West- Out of My Hands

First four lines of the song go like this:
"There you go changing my plans again
There you go shifting my sands again
For reasons I don't understand again
Lately I don't have a clue"


It talks about how He has a plan for us and we have no idea what it is or it may not even make sense at the time. How there are too many things that we can't control and so it's out of our hands and into His will. 

It's an upbeat song and easy to sing to. (which may or may not be a good thing for others ha ha)

Here is the iTunes link to the song. 

Matthew West - Happy - Out of My Hands

Hope you enjoy it as much as I do!

Comments (0)

Post a Comment